How do I feel about being in an interracial relationship?

09:04:00 Unknown 0 Comments




© COPYRIGHT

Hey guys,
If you don't already know my name is Nicole and I have a YouTube channel, which you totally should check out by clicking here. And, subscribing to both my YouTube channel and blog would be awesome!
You can subscribe to my blog by two options:
1) Scroll to the bottom


2) Check the sidebar

LET'S GET TO THE SUBJECT..
How do I feel about being in an interracial relationship?

I do get asked this question now and then because people always wonder if our cultures clash etc. 
Well..first of all, I'm not too sure if Mk gets asked this question simply because we don't pay attention to it. He's not with me because I'm asian and I'm not with him because he's got a darker skin tone. You don't plan on who you fall in love with, it just happens that we don't have the same skin tone and we don't think that that's a big deal. 

There have been some people who have popped up to me asking for advice because they themselves are in an interracial relationship and, unfortunately, their family or friends aren't 100% okay with it. That sucks big time because, we shouldn't be judged by the colour of our skin. Of course, I'm not going to get into the details due to privacy reasons. Mk and I are lucky enough that both our families and friends don't have a problem with it; they just want to see us happy. 
© COPYRIGHT

Interracial marriage was only legalized in 1967 so that was 49 years ago, which, if you think about it, isn't actually a long time ago.

I do feel that media has a lot of influence on how people choose to see a specific ethnicity. Truth is, just because one person or a majority of people are like that doesn't mean the whole population of that ethnicity are like that too. There's just so many stereotypes out there that doesn't apply for everyone and honestly, some are really hurtful so I would highly suggest that just because some people choose to let media influence their decision on how they see specific ethnicity, doesn't mean you should stoop to their level.

Back to the point, sometimes, I do see people looking at me and Mk when we're out in public but I don't see it as them judging us in a bad way. You don't see a lot of blasian couples from where I live so I understand if some people are curious. 

As for our cultures, the more the merrier. Mk and I love to try new things and we're not quick to judge. Also, it's really fun trying new foods and all the different carnivals etc. It's never going to be boring because there's so much to do and see. 
© COPYRIGHT

If you're in an interracial relationship and you're having trouble with your family or friends, you can always pop up to me on my instagram @missnicoleflora. And, just because they disagree with your relationship doesn't mean they're right. Don't give them the upper hand and definitely don't give in.

Thank you for reading and I hope you all have a wonderful day!

.nicoleaejayflora.

u Might Also Like

0 comments: