Future Career

13:12:00 Unknown 5 Comments


Hey guys,
I know it's been a while since I've published a post but I have been planning something special for you guys and it's not just one thing, there's a couple of them. I'm so excited for you guys to see them and I do apologise for not publishing posts as frequently as I should have.

Today, I'm going to be talking about my past experience that I've had that I feel you guys may relate to.

So, some of you may know that I'm in a sixth form college now and I'm currently taking my A levels. For those who have a different education system, A levels are qualifications in specific subjects of your choice, at a level above GCSE; typically taken to get into university.
This year, I've just finished my AS year and now I'm in the middle of my AS exams. The AS I have chosen at the beginning are psychology, english language and business studies.
When choosing what you want to do in sixthform or college or high school, please don't don't don't choose it just because your friends are taking it. And I know, I sound so cliché. You might be thinking, 'Oh I've heard all of this before blah blah blah I don't care'. But I promise you, this will benefit you. Take something you love and you enjoy. The more you love and enjoy your chosen subjects, the higher the chance of you getting a passing grade or higher. This is because when you enjoy something, you're more motivational towards it so when it comes to exams, 'every little thing is gonna be alright ♫'. Admit it, you sang that instead of reading(;

Now some of you may not know what you want to do when you grow up or you're forced into a career because your parents want you to or, your grandparents or, your uncles and aunties, etc. Some of you may not be forced at all, you just want to do the career you don't really want to do because:
1) It'll make someone close to your heart happy and you don't want to disappoint them
2)You look at the salary and all you can say is 'cha-ching!'
Think about it carefully, yes there may be a lot of advantages to it than the ones I've named above but, in the end will you be happy? And can you die any second after getting that career knowing you've lived the life you wanted?
I promise you that the person close to your heart will be even more happier for you when you do something you love and enjoy and they can see your face beaming with smile. Yes, they may be a little disappointed but this is YOUR future. You don't want to end up like some of them people who wakes up and say, 'urgh, I have work today'. If you do something you enjoy and love, you won't have to work a day in your life.
Also, money isn't everything. What you really want to do may mean that you don't earn as much as you want to but if you work up the ladder, there's always possibilities that you earn way more than you expect. My grandmommy always tells me that money isn't everything, it just goes from one person to the other to another and to another, and eventually, it'll get back to you.

For those who do know what they want to do but are too scared to speak up or you worry too much of what people think because, to the other people the career you may want isn't good enough. Stop it right now. Stop living for them and start living for YOU. Yes, YOU, I'm talking to you.
Repeat after me: "My future career will not depend on them, my future is based on my happiness and well being. If they're true to me, they will learn to accept it because that's what the realest people do; they accept you for you and they'll support you no matter which career you choose."
Now say it 3 more times.
If you want to be a singer and people are telling you that so many people want to do that and it's very less likely you'd make it. You better sing 'OH HELL NOOO-OH-OH-OH♫'' right in front of their face and own it.
If you want to be a bin man/woman and people look down on you, saying all kind of trash. Take those trash that they've said and throw it right back at them then, walk out because you slay.

Thank you so much for reading, and I hope I did help as much people as I can.
Take care and be safe guys!

PSSSSST! Don't forget to subscribe.

.nicoleaejayflora.

u Might Also Like

5 comments:

  1. You are a great writer, thanks for the nice words

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a great writer, thanks for the nice words

    ReplyDelete