Cycling for 8 miles in Clumber Park

11:30:00 Unknown 3 Comments

© Resting


Aloha,
Bonjour,
Holla,
Ciao,
Alo,
HELLO!

Welcome back to my blog and if you're new here thank you so much for taking a look here and there.

A backstory:
My family, family friends and I have cycled around Sherwood Forest Country Park. It was fun, hilarious and has more challenging routes than Clumber Park. We took the 'adventure trail' which, was a mistake when you have little kids with you. It involved going downhill in a zigzag with hurdles, such as tree roots. One of my family best friend hired a bike with kid carrier and she had to go through the hurdles with the kids inside the carrier. If you're planning to go to Sherwood Forest and you have/hiring a bike with kid carrier, I would highly suggest the family trail. I don't know why we took the adventure trail with kids.
One of the funny moments was when we were all cycling in a straight line and we turned right, (keep in mind that it wasn't a sharp right, it was a smooth curve), and all I heard was a scream. I immediately stopped, turned around and watched my sister fly off her bike and flopped her face onto the floor. She popped her head up and said 'I'm alright'. It was hilarious! It reminded me of one of the 'That's So Raven' moments: 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Because we had so much fun, we decided to do it again but in Clumber Park for a new scenery. 
© Red sand


My family and I traveled to clumber park, which is only 30 minutes away from my house so it wasn't a long travel. I do highly suggest visiting clumber park, especially if it's summer. Take advantage of the sunny days to help with your fitness.
Personally, I love to exercise and get fit whilst the sun is out but I do know that some people prefer when it's cold or when it's humid. Some of you may be thinking "when it's cold? That's weird." But hey, it depends on the individual and as long as they're taking care of their body, it's totally A-Okay!
© "Quick take a picture whilst there's no car coming" picture
My brother and my dad are the only ones who have a bike so me and my sister had to rent a bike. We rented it for the full day with the price that varied between £25-£30 for each bike. For the full day, we could cycle around until 5 p.m.
My mom decided she wanted to go for a walk instead since she didn't know how to ride a bike so, she took a 'me time'.

Before we cycled, we stretched which is really important for you. It's not something a lot of people do, but to avoid injuries such as groin pain, definitely stretch.
Here are some stretch movements you could do:
1) Calves:
Stand with your feet pointed straight ahead, step forward with your right leg and bend your knee. Keep your left foot firmly planted on the ground behind you. Don't forget to keep your upper-body erect and drop your hips forward until you feel the stretch in your calf. You can hold this for 15-30 secs, then rotate legs. (TIP: Don't bed over at the waist, instead use your hips to move).
2) Gluteus:
From a cross-legged sitting position on the floor, angle your left leg over the right and from here, plant your left foot next to your right knee. Your left leg forms a triangle. Secondly, grasp the front of your left knee and lean forward. (TIP: Keep your back straight).

There is a cycling trail with different routes.
We were cycling in a straight line and there was a sign pointing to the left that said 'cycling route' so we followed that not knowing that we could have gone further as there's other alternative cycling routes. If you do go there, keep that in mind.
The trail we followed was a muddy trail as it has been raining the night before. If you are going knowing it will rain that day or it was raining the night before, don't wear your favourite clothes or trainers. Wear something you don't mind getting muddy. My top didn't really matter for me because the bike I rented had a mudguard, however I was a little muddy on my legs which was minor.
©
As we cycled around, the scenery was beautiful. Being around nature is so calming so if you're reading this and you're stressed out with a situation in your life, you can always cycle around clumber park. It doesn't have to be clumber park, if you search for a place where you can cycle near your area, it will really help.
More than you think.
© 

© 
An hour later, we cycled 3 miles and realised that there is no service on our phones so we didn't know where my mom was. We don't know why we didn't plan on the place and time we should meet up again. In some areas, you can't take your bike so we all took turns to go around looking for her for an hour and panicking about her safety and where she could possibly be when it turns out, she was just chilling by the waterfall and taking selfies.
If you could see our faces back then, it was the same as this:
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Clueless brother, sister, dad and I didn't even know about the waterfall so we were just looking and looking and looking until she saw my dad.
After that, we decided to cycle where my mom went so we could see more of what Clumber Park had to offer. We cycled 8 miles altogether that day.
IT WAS A SUCCESS!
©  
© 
Thank you so much for reading, have a lovely day/night!

PSSSSST! Don't forget to subscribe.
xoxo,
(Gossip Girl)
                                                              .nicoleaejayflora.



u Might Also Like

3 comments:

  1. Another marvellous post. Keep them coming!!! The trip sounded like lots of fun! You rock girl xoxo (gossip girl)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete