International Women's Day - Grandmother

11:43:00 Unknown 2 Comments


Hey guys,
I know I don't usually post on wednesday's but today, is International Women's Day. 
I'd like to dedicate this post to a very special woman in my life who shaped who I am today and who gives me a reason to keep fighting.

My grandmother.

"Grandmother, 
The alchemist, 
You spun gold out of this hard life,
Conjured beauty from things left behind,
Found healing where it did not live,
Discovered the antidote in your own kitchen,
Broke the curse with your own two hands"

You were there for me when I spent most of the first 8 years of my life in the hospital, and always tried to keep the coldness out of my life. And you told me that my life was going to be nothing like yours because it would be so much better, which was the main reason why you had to let me go and live all the way across the world for better education and healthcare. You told me that if I ever feel unloved, to remember there's two more people across the world that loves me so much more than the width of this universe.
 Even now, I'd rather be with you and grandaddy. 
Everything I do is for the both of you.
And, I still remember the last time I visited you. You saved the christmas gifts you'd receive for so long and you wanted me to open them because, you remembered how I enjoyed doing that when I was little.

Thank you for teaching me how to love,
For teaching me what the true definition of true love is,
For giving me unconditional love,
For raising me like your own,
For being my hero,
For never making me feel like you loved me any less,
For bringing so much happiness in my life,
For understanding my heart,
For always knowing what to do when I'm upset,
For your endless support,
For spoiling me with love and kindness,
For teaching me that money isn't everything.

.nicoleaejayflora.

u Might Also Like

2 comments: